Tuesday, October 1, 2013

This town ain't big enough for the two of us

Often I find myself day dreaming about having acreage to plant every goofy edible plant that has a zone 8 sticker on it but I do declare that I cannot, for you see I am confined to a lot that has 1/16 of an acre of growing space. That black walnut tree or seaberry that I have been dreaming of is not realistic but that does not mean you cannot grow a fair amount of fruit on your lot. Granted, my garden is only 3 years old and I may have some surprises in store when things really take off but with a spring in my step and pruners in hand I plan on taking them head on. 



These next 31 days I am going to highlight my 31 favorite small edible landscape plants I own and give you a size estimate as best I can. Remember that I am in zone 8 so I'm sure many of you cannot grow what I am. I think that you may come to enjoy the challenge to see what you can fit in your space as I have. Then you may find this town maybe is big enough for the two of us :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment